Ladies' and Men's Fellowship
The ladies of the church gather on the third Thursday of each month at 6pm for fellowship and good meals at various restaurants in Chattanooga. All women of the church are welcome.
The men of the church gather on the third Thursday of each month at 6:30pm for fellowship and good meals at Rib & Loin on Brainerd Rd. All men of the church are welcome.
March 12-19, 2024 Puerto Rico Possible Short Term Volunteer Opportunites
- Building a playground in Ponce
- Painting the outside of the Church in Mayaguez
- Building a walking trail through the trees in Mayaguez
- Ground maintenance
- Re-do all closets in the CARD house in Mayaguez
- Other projects needed by the congregation
Vacation Bible School
- Host a VBS for children in the congregations
- Time: Once a year opportunity in June
English as a Second Language Outreach
- Day Workshops or a Week Camp
- Time: Flexible
- Workshops, Camps, Craft nights, etc.
- Time: Flexible
Other Outreach Activites that help spread the Gospel, Plant Lutheran Churches, and Show Mercy
- To be determined by the congregations in Puerto Rico.
- Possibilities include Music Camp and Neighborhood Outreach
- Experience and participate in the Puerto Rico Lutheran Mission as you serve alongside North American and Alliance missionaries. you will learn about the genesis of Lutheran Missions in Puerto Rico. You'll also explore the present reality and prospects for Spreading the Gospel, Planting Lutheran Churches, and Showing Mercy on the Island. We will strive to match your team members' vocational skills and interests with efforts of long-term strategic importance.
- Areas to be explored include but are not limited to:
- Missions (Divine Services, church plants, outreach events)
- Education (catechesis, bible studies)
- Mercy (ESL, Art, Fellowship nights)
- Daily life (community visits, meals in host homes, sightseeing)
There is a sign-up sheet in the Narthex. You may also contact Nancy Gray at (423) 298-3418.
Board and Committee Information
Every member of the congregation is eligible to serve on any of the Boards; we encourage you to do so. Below is a list of the Boards with the names of the current Chairperson and a brief synopsis of what each Board’s responsibilities are.
- Parish Fellowship – Denise Topp
* Plan congregational meals and receptions
* Oversee the Breakfast Room on Sundays between services
- Christian Education – Dari Selcer
- Sunday School classes
- Vacation Bible School
- Bible classes
- Youth activities
- Youth gatherings
- Building & Grounds – Michael Stephens
- Oversee the maintenance of FLC’s church property
- BCA School Board – Joyce Enloe
- Set school policies
- Approve BCA’s budget
- Oversee the hiring of teachers and staff
- Stewardship – Pastor Pingel
- Ensures we are good stewards with our gifts
- Social Ministry – Nancy Gray
- Food Pantry
- Alzheimer’s Walk
- EPB bills for those in need
- The Giving Tree at Christmas
- Outreach to the community
- Camp Board – Robby Tyson
- Maintenance of the church campgrounds on Possum Creek
- Plan camp activities such as the Luau, Fun Day and Oktoberfest
- Elders – Kenny Freer
- Spiritual welfare of Pastor
- Church services
- Care for their assigned families
- Evangelism – Matt Townley
- Greet and follow-up on visitors
- Invite the community to worship with us
- Help equip our congregation to share God’s message
Besides the Board positions, there are other committees always needing help. Here are a few that you are invited to engage in.
- FNS (Friday Night Social) – Nancy Gray
- Plan fun fellowship events quarterly for the Congregation, such as Lookouts Ball Game, Axe Throwing, Bowling and the Annual Church Cruise!
- Altar Guild – Marie Townley
- Setting up communion; decorating the church during Advent and Lenten seasons
- Quilters – Kathleen McMullen & Nancy Morkert
- Make quilts to send to Room at the Inn/International World Relief; NO sewing skills required
- Ladies’ Thursday Night Fellowship – Janice Meissner
- Every 3rd Thursday at 6:00 at various restaurant venues: devotions, meal and fellowship
- Men’s Thursday Night Fellowship – Robert Campbell
- Every 3rd Thursday at 6:30 at Rib & Loin in Brainerd: devotions, meal and fellowship
- LWML (Lutheran Women’s Missionary League) – Edeltraud Parker
- Every 2nd Thursday at 10:00 am in the Fellowship Hall: snacks devotions, meeting and fellowship
- Wednesday Bible Study – Pastor Pingel
- 1:30 every Wednesday in the Chapel
- Choir/Bells – Justin Hipp
- Practice every Wednesday (except during the summer): Bells at 5:30 pm, Choir at 6:30 pm
We are also in need of help in the following areas:
- Nursery – Dari Selcer
- During the 11:00 am Sunday service and special holy days, on a rotating schedule
- Parish Fellowship and Breakfast Room – Denise Topp
- Supply and set up snacks for between the 8:30 am and 11:00 am services, on a rotating schedule. Other social events at the church.
- Flower Beds – Joyce Enloe
- Helping one Saturday a month March through November
- Youth Sunday School teachers – Dari Selcer
- Young Families Social Group – Anyone interested in organizing this? We are blessed with many children up to middle school age. We would love to get them involved in social activities with the church. If interested, please contact Dari Selcer or Nancy Gray.
Thank you to all who have served and those who continue to serve at FLC!