The development of the Tennessee River system by the TVA created a wonderful opportunity that former members of First Lutheran used to establish a Camp and lodge on Lake Chickamauga in 1948. Since then the Church has continuously operated the Camp as a major part of its Family Ministry, and an active Church committee is committed to the Stewardship of the property. The Camp is open 12 months a year for Church members and their guests.
The 19-acre tract is situated north of downtown Chattanooga, on a tributary just off the main channel of the Tennessee River. Over 1000 feet of shoreline allows for all types of recreational boating, swimming, and fishing. A swimming area, bathhouse, and large outdoor pavilion allow for large groups or simultaneous smaller groups. The lodge is set up dormitory-style with 30 bunk beds in each men's/women's area and has a large kitchen and common area. The lodge does have central heat and air conditioning.
The Camp is available for day or overnight rental, on a limited basis, to other Church or charitable groups Inquiries should be directed to Robby Tyson at firstname.lastname@example.org.