We Believe in the Triune God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
It is through the Crucifixion and Resurrection of Jesus Christ that we have forgiveness of our sins, life, and salvation. We believe that Jesus will return to take all believers with him to Heaven. This is most certainly true.
First Lutheran Church is a member of the Lutheran Church of the Missouri Synod (LCMS). Traditional worship services are offered every Sunday with occasional special services. Our Church offers a Christian based education through the Belvoir Christian Academy (BCA). The Church camp allows members a relaxing Sunday afternoon along Possum Creek.
- 8:30 AM – We worship using traditional liturgy and hymn. Holy Communion is celebrated on the 2nd and 4th Sundays each month.
- 11:00 AM - We worship using traditional liturgy and hymn. Holy Communion is celebrated on the 1st and 3rd Sundays each month.
The nursery is staffed during the 11:00 AM service for anyone in need.
SUNDAY EVENINGS (Summertime)
- 6:00 PM – In June, July and August we offer Vespers Services at our Church Camp in Soddy Daisy, TN. Come as you are, even right off your boat!
- Sunday School – 9:45 – 10:45 Sunday Mornings
- Youth – K-8 meet with Lee Smith in the Faith Room. They meet in person and by Zoom. They use Luther’s Small Catechism for Children and other assorted materials.
- Adult – Currently we offer 2 adult education classes. Pastor Welmer is leading a study on the book of Acts. This class meets in the Fellowship hall downstairs. Robert Campbell is leading a study on the Gospel of Luke. This class meets upstairs in the Chapel.
- Wednesdays – 1:30 PM Pastor Pingel, our Pastor Emeritus, offers a study of various topics. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Special Instruction - Pastor Welmer offers new member classes as needed for those interested in joining the church as new members.
First Lutheran Ministries
A ministry is all about the giving of ourselves, our time and our individual talents. It’s using our available resources to bless and to help others. Here at First Lutheran Church, we use our ministries not only for that purpose but also to study God's word and to enjoy the fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ.